Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can makedonations online.
- We cansend and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors forvirtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We canmake online purchases at a bargain price.
- We cansend birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we cancheck online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can usesocial media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can alsoapply online for jobs.
- We canearn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old itemsthat are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we canlisten to music or watch a video0
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend topurchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- Theinternet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We getconfused with too many choices.
- Thetransaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too manycontradictory review leads us nowhere.
- Thephysical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere theemotional connect between people are missing.
- We feelhelpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc.We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.